Thursday, October 11, 2012

Practice

-->
Although I had to leave class early for a leadership seminar, I really enjoyed the time spent discussing the memoirs. It was interesting to see how each person was affected in some way by the book they choose to read. By listening to my classmates thoughts, it was clear that many were either impacted emotionally and spiritually from reading Waking, or were able to gain a better understanding of yoga and its practices, to provoking thought and arousing important questions that may have developed after reading their particular book. For those that read waking, I really appreciated hearing your responses because I often wondered if I was the only one getting extremely emotional while reading. It was somewhat a relief to know that the book was able to help others heal emotionally as they were reading because Waking definitely impacted me. As I read how Matt dealt with tragedy and the pain that stemmed from the ordeal, it was comforting to know that everyone has their way of dealing with a loss of any sort, and that there is no correct way or strategic formula to help you through. But that no matter the magnitude of the situation you can overcome and cope with the wounds whether internal or external.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I really loved hearing what everyone got from the books, and I love being in a class that actually reads the books and tries to get something from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very struck by the conversation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree as well, it was really great to know I wasn't the only one who got emotion reading the book. I might have been the only one to start tearing up in the library, but I'm very glad that everyone else felt how powerful this book was.

    ReplyDelete